來源 : admin 湖北自考教育網 : http://www.rhgraham.com
1. Yesterday we called at ______. A. Mary’s sister’s B. my aunts C. a friend of my uncles D. my uncle
2. During the exam no one is allowed to ask ______ questions. A. a few B. all C. any D. some 3. Which of the following sentences is wrong? A. China will never be the first to use nucleur weapons. B. The Ninth Lesson is hard to understand. C. The Lesson Ten is easy to understand.
D. China belongs to the third world.
4. An assistant manager is ______ a manager in position. A. inferior to C. more inferior than A. with, to C. of, in
B. inferior than D. more inferior to B. with, from D. by, of
5. The room was crowded ______ people ______ another village.
6. He promised us that he ______ early but he ______ yet. A. would be, hasn’t arrived B. is, hasn’t been arriving C. should be, isn’t arriving D. will be, hadn’t arrived 7. My friend kept on ______ me cigarettes and tea. A. having offered B. being offered C. to offer D. offering 8. If I had known that, I ______ so.
A. wouldn’t have done B. didn’t do C. won’t do D. wouldn’t do 9. ______ the rain stop, the crops would be saved. A. Will B. Would C. Should 10. The police ______ a prisoner. A. are searched for C. are searching for
B. is searching D. is searching for
11. I cannot understand ______ to go to the meeting. A. them to forbid
B. them to be forbidden
C. their being forbidden D. their forbidding
12. X-rays are able to pass through objects and thus make ______ details that are otherwise impossible to observe. A. it visible
C. visible D. they are visible
13. ______ at the spot, Tom found that the gypsies(吉普賽) had gone.
A. As his arriving B. As his reaching C. On his arrival D. On his reaching
14. “Would you rather watch TV or go for a walk?” “______ the TV program is good this afternoon, I think I need the exercise more.” A. Even though
B. No matter how
C. Despite of D. In spite of
15. During their quarrel he didn’t say anything. He knew there was ______ in giving the advice. A. without
B. of no use D. no usage B. came to D. came into
C. not much point A. came across C. came up
16. After a long discussion,they ______ an agreement.
17. He often goes to school by bike ______ it rains. A. except when B. except that C. except D. besides 18. Once formed, bad habits are hard to ______. A. get rid of B. get along with C. get used to D. get hold of 19. This problem will be ______ discussed in Chapter 2. A. deep B. enough C. further D. farther 20. ______ your courage in time of difficulties. A. Keep down B. Keep out
C. Keep on D. Keep up
21. My old school friend had changed so much that I could hardly ______ him. A. recognize C. know
B. remember D. make out
22. He went to the bookstore and ______ two books for his daughter as a birthday present. A. took up B. picked off C. picked up
D. picked out
23. It is not easy to ______ oneself of a bad habit. A. purify
C. release D. rid
24. The actors have to ______ before they appear in front of the strong lights on television. A. cover up B. paint up C. make up
D. do up
25. The good service at the hotel ______ the poor food to some extent. A. made up for B. made up C. made for D. made out
26. He ［ruled］ his country for almost ten years ______. A. existed
C. made D. loved
27. In the past twenty years, Beijing has changed ［considerably］.
A. reportedly B. greatly C. little D. theoretically
28. He is so ［absent-minded］ that he often forgets where he has left things. A. habitually forgetful
C. childish D. mad
29. The score is 2∶1 ［in our favour］,we are winning. A. to our advantage
B. in our mind
C. to our liking D. unfairyly
30. He always ［declares his opinion］ about everything.
A. speaks out B. speaks at C. speaks to D. speaks for
Ⅱ.認真閱讀下面兩篇短文，每篇短文后有五個問題，根據短文的內容從四個選項中選出一個最佳答案。(每小題1分，共10分) Passage 1
Since the earliest times, trees have always been very useful and important to man who made use of them in many ways. Even today trees continue to serve man in so many ways.